Late Music Festival York, St Margaretís Church, Walmgate, 6 Ė 15 June
Contemporary music can be seen at its best this June in York at the The
Late Music Festival. Its exciting program of splendid concerts make
a welcome return to the City. All event will be held at St Margaretís
Church, Walmgate, York YO1 9TL. Box Office tel. (01904) 658338.
Call to Performers
We are going to continue with the very successful initiative called 'call
to performers'. With this we invite a number of fledgling professionals to
give you lunchtime recitals of contemporary music. One example for this year
will be the fine talents of Australian pianist Zubin Kanga. He will recite
both British and Australian contemporary piano music for your pleasure.
Daily Themes for the 6th or June to the 15th of June 2008
- Cutting Edge: Noszferatu New sound for electronic ensemble.
- Theatre Day: We will be having our first collaboration with the popular Opera North group.
- World Music Day: will comprise of a dramatisation of 'The Dying Song'.
This will include with the unique talents of Bireshwar Gautem performing contemporary
- Electroacoustic Day: (B.E.A.S.T)the Birmingham ElectroAcoustic Sound
Theatre has been around since 1982. Working in conjunction with the University
of Birmingham they produce amazing sounds using its unique talents and arrays
- Jazz Day: Gilad Atzmon and the Orient House Ensemble perform for the real music lovers out there.
- Classical Music Day: Fitzwilliam String Quartet and many others throughout
the festival will be performing modern classical music. An experience worth
- Messiaen Day: virtuoso pianist Ian Pace will show us what his reputation
in excellence is all about. He is renown for his ability to tackle even the
most difficult of contemporary piano scores.
- Education Day
For further information visit www.latemusicfestival.org.uk
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box office: [+44] 01904 658338 or
book online at http://www.ncem.co.uk/